Saturday, February 5, 2011

Is it a sign? Has the time finally come?

My new project is completed, but I won't be unveiling it until after February 9th. Prudent Baby is currently holding a competition for the best potholders, and the 2 winners will receive a sewing machine. I have finished my two entries and can't wait to share them. In the meantime, here's a story sure to make your bumps goose (ok, exaggeration, but it's my blog and I'll embellish if I want to).


As I mentioned in my Inspiration post, I'm currently borrowing my mom's sewing machine. About 3 months after my son was born, I bought an incredibly beautiful Limited Edition Project RunwayInnov-ís 40, with the honest intention of starting up an Etsy business. I fell in love with this machine from the moment I saw it zip through denim like a hot knife through butter, and so I bought it. Fast-forward to a week later and despite my best intentions, I just didn't find the time to sew that I thought I would. And with great sadness, I returned the machine, knowing that someday the stars would align and my beauty would come back to me.


Well wouldn't you know it, the time has come! One of the machines being given away in the competition is the EXACT same machine! I discovered this while browsing for a tutorial on the Prudent Baby website and nearly jumped out of my chair in delight, knowing that I would once again, soon, have my girl back in my arms.


And so, after many hours of designing and conspiring and sewing, and countless lost hours of sleep, I will be submitting my potholder ideas to Prudent Baby, awaiting the moment when I hear the knock on my door, and my long-lost daughter stands sheepishly at the doorstep, nervously and excitedly anticipating our reunion (are you gagging yet?).



3 comments:

  1. I hope you win! I just bought brand new machine on Friday and being in love with a machine makes a world of difference when you sit down to sew. It is like a best friend.

    ReplyDelete
  2. haha i'm trying to win that too! i have a few cute pot holder up my sleeves, i'm just waiting for the right lighting to photograph them. haha. i've made 3 so far, but i have ideas for 2 more. i delight in the fact that you can enter more than one. that way i don't have to choose. wishing you luck!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks ladies! :) I usually can't stand competition, so it took a lot for me to even do this. We'll see what happens! :)

    ReplyDelete